On 24 November 2021 ICE-HBV, together with Liver Patients International organized the Webinar HBV Cure 101 with a focus on Europe. The purpose of the event was to bring together scientists researching Hepatitis B and the community that is affected.
You can (re)watch the webinar here:
Program & Topics:
Click on the timestamps to skip ahead to specific sections of the webinar.
- 0:00:00 – Intro and Housekeeping by Capucine Pénicaud (ICE-HBV)
- 0:02:08 – Opening Remarks George Kalamitsis (Liver Patient International)
- 0:03:06 – HBV Cure Research 101 by Dr. Fabien Zoulim. Download presentation here.
- 0:16:38 – Clinical Perspective on HBV Cure Research by Dr. George Papatheodoridis. Download presentation here.
- 0:25:21 – Community Perspective, Hep Active by Silvana Lesidrenska. Download presentation here.
- 0:32:26 – The European HBV Patient Registry, TherVac B by Dr. Markus Cornberg. Download presentation here.
- 0:41:08 – IPcureB Project & Clinical Trials by Dr. Pietro Lampertico
- 0:49:26 – HBV and Migrants in Europe Comsava Project by Camila Picchio. Download presentation here.
- 0:59:00 Q&A Session & Discussion Some topics in the discussion were:
-Trials underway in Eastern Europe (0:59:55)
-International (clinical) studies (challenges even within Europe, etc.) (01:03:33)
-Difficulty of doctors (in Bulgaria) finding patients for clinical trials – More collaboration with NGOs needed (01:06:17)
-How can we influence EU regulations to make international clinical trials easier (01:09:12)
-How can we put pressure on EU Parliament so regulation is changing? (01:13:20)