World Hepatitis Day 2023: Community Forum
Viral hepatitis affects over 350 million people worldwide and for most, testing and treatment remain beyond reach due to several factors.
The WHD community forum gives a real insight into the many experiences, perspectives, and unmet needs of people diagnosed with and living with hepatitis across the world.
The panel will explore global conversations around eliminating hepatitis by 2030 and why we are not waiting for hepatitis elimination. The forum will offer an open space for people living with hepatitis to share experiences and offer possible solutions to address challenges faced, as a result of the disease.
- Danjuma Adda, President, Danjuma Adda, World Hepatitis Alliance
- Lien Tran, Researcher, WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, Doherty Institute
- Aftab Ahmad, Observer of WHA board, President at National Academy of Young Scientists (NAYS)
- David Urick, Healthcare worker and hepatitis advocate
- Shabana Begum, National South Asian Project Coordinator, The Hepatitis C Trust
- Joshua Bartolome, Treasurer, Yellow Warriors Society
- Anton Basenko, Programme Manager, European AIDS Treatment Group